Welcome to Mullumbimby Library.
The Mullumbimby Library began as a School of Arts in May 1904 a small room in Dalley Street attached to the Memorial Hall. In 1954 it was enlarged and became the Mullumbimby Municipal Public Library opened by Hedley Hungerford Esq. on March 23rd. In 1981 the Mullumbimby Library became part of the Regional Library after amalgamation of Byron and Mullumbimby councils. The Library finally moved from this cramped site into the Byron Shire Council building in Station Street, Mullumbimby in August 2001. The Library has a stock of over 23,000 items for loan, and provides regular storytime sessions for children.
Since moving to the new premises we have made a special effort to display local artist's work throughout the Library thereby enhancing its pivotal role as a community resource.